Have you ever stumbled upon a brilliant fundraising idea that inspired you to say, “I wish I’d thought of that!”?
Some of the greatest tactics and strategies we will implement during our careers are ideas that originated with others. Fundraising and nonprofit management ideas surround us. The challenge is not that there is a shortage of ideas; the challenge is knowing which ideas are truly great.
Now, the Association of Fundraising Professionals and the Showcase of Fundraising Innovation and Inspiration have teamed up to make that task easier. At the AFP International Fundraising Conference (Baltimore, March 29-31, 2015), AFP and SOFII will host the session “I Wish I’d Thought of That!”
IWITOT is a unique seminar that will be moderated by Ken Burnett, Founder of SOFII, and involve 16 top-notch fundraising professionals who will each have up to seven-minutes to present his/her IWITOT brilliant idea. The fundraising ideas must be those the presenters admire or envy — an innovative replicable idea that we can all learn from. The proviso is that the idea cannot be their own or from their own organization, says Burnett.
The presenters include:
- Adrian Sargeant, Plymouth University
- Derrick Feldmann, Achieve
- Tom Ahern, Ahern Communications
- Amy Eisenstein, Tri-Point Fundraising
- Simone Joyaux, Joyaux Associates
- William Bartolini, Wexner Medical Center and Health Sciences Colleges
- Valerie Pletcher, Brady Campaign & Center to Prevent Gun Violence
- Daryl Upsall, Daryl Upsall Consulting International
- Stephen Pidgeon, Stephen Pidgeon Ltd.
- Amy Wolfe
- Laura Fredricks, Laura Fredricks, LLC
- Robbe Healey, Simpson Senior Services
- Alice Ferris, GoalBusters, LLC
- Frank Barry, Blackbaud, Inc.
- Missy Ryan Penland, Clemson University
- Tycely Williams, American Red Cross
“Each speaker will have a maximum of seven minutes each focused on a single big idea. This means that it’s a fast, colourful, entertaining, and inspirational session with much to learn for everyone and lots of fun, too,” says Burnett. “The speakers have been carefully chosen to give a balanced mix of seasoned professional leaders, sector gurus, and new, fresh ‘rising stars.’”
Here’s a limited preview of some of the ideas you’ll learn about during the IWITOT session: